Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Vegetable Soup

Today, in my attempt to lose weight and lead a healthier life, I make myself a vegetable soup. Very fast and simple. Took me just about 15-20 minutes.

The ingredients are:-

A handful of Udang Kering / Dried Shrimps (for the soup base)

1 Stick of Carrot, sliced

2 Tomatoes, Diced

1 Onion, Diced

2 Potatoes, Diced

Ginger, the size of 2 thumbs, sliced



The steps are very easy
1) Prepare the ingredients, the vege can be anything, but that's all I have in the fridge.
2) Wash the dried shrimp and the put to boil in a pot with about 500-700ml of water.
3) After that, put in the sliced carrots, diced potatoes and ginger in the pot wait for another 3-5 minutes
4) Put in the onion and tomatoes, bring to boil for about 5 minutes or until the carrot and potatoes are soft.
5) Add some salt to taste
6) Ready to serve!!! This can serve about 2-4 people. 


This is how it will look like
That's how healthy my meal is! Enjoy!

No comments: