Monday, January 3, 2011

A step towards a better life

Today, I went to Politeknik Kota Kinabalu, to register and take on my last subject - Maths. I'm not suppose to take this subject again because I can do it with my eyes close (literally) but then I fell asleep while studying and didn't wake up in time for the paper. It was  a mistake. I don't see it in a negative way though because I believe there must be a reason why I didn't wake up. Maybe I will get into a serious accident or something. Furthermore, "A mistake isn't a mistake unless it can't put right " - Quoted from The Undomestic Goddess written by Sophie Kinsella.

Well, I am actually still here in Politeknik waiting for the Ketua Jabatan. The day is hot and rainy. I've went to look for the KJ twice before and he's not there, so today I've come -prepared- With a book and my lappie!
The book is a selected edition by Reader's Digest and I've read 2 of them, this is the third one. Four stories in one book and it's a mix of Romance, Thriller, Murder and so on. They're all by famous authors. The one I'm reading now is by Martin O'Brien, Lee Child, Sophie Kinsella and Jeffrey Archer. In fact, I've read The Undomestic Goddess twice already. Two thumbs up for that book!

Reader's Digest Selected Edition.

Well, no exercise for me today, but I climb a three-storey building twice and walked to the car park twice so that's enough exercise today, plus my muscles especially in the calves area hurt! I've waited for  40 minutes and When the KJ is finally in his office, the PA just do his own thing and I waited for another 5 minutes before I go to her and ask can I go in now?? She is very incompetent. This is the first I met Mr. KJ and he's a very nice person and easy to talk with! Today was a relieve but then tomorrow I must go and finish up everything because by the time I'm done registering, it took me almost 3 hours and it's after office hours. 

The only thing I dislike about today is the fact that I have to remove my nail polish because of the rules. But then, I wouldn't want to go and meet important people with blue nails right? 

No comments: