Sunday, March 6, 2011

Life plans

This year, I am going to turn 23 and yet I am still clueless. What is it that we're suppose to do in this life? I read about people who got married at this age, in fact, my mom was pregnant with me when she's just 21 (I think). I'm not sure if I'm ready to settle down. I wanted to have kids but I don't think I am ready for that kind of responsibility. I just want to still be young and active when my kid is at my age now. 

I don't think that I am even ready to take care of my own life. Maybe it's because of convenience? Maybe I should try and live on my own, support myself in order to grow up. I should stop depending on other people and just try and figure things out myself for a change. 

What is the first step to do? I guess I gave to make this decision myself too because even if someone tells me what to do, in the end, it's my choice to make, it's the road that I take is the thing that will count. 

Sometimes, I just wonder about all the successful people, how on earth did they get there? Maybe it's all about the connections, who you know and who they know. I got my first real job through some connection, got into my practical attachment job with the help of my boss here, so maybe it's easier.

There are people who are lucky enough to have someone who can at least guide them through their life until they are ready to take on it themselves, as for me, I need to draw my own map and I suck at it. 


No comments: